Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Noble Stegosaurus

I thought I should answer my own question first.  Seems fair, anyway.


SQUIRREL!
 


My favorite dinosaur is the noble stegosaurus.  They were herbivores, and to me give off this Eeyore-ish “thanks for noticin’ me” vibe.  There’s just something about their unassuming ways that makes me want to give them a hug.


Feels a bit sacrilegious.  Sorry, Eeyore.



 

Reminds me of this one time I was in a Hallmark store.  I was in college at the time, and doing some birthday card shopping, when I came across a spinning stand full of little porcelain animal figures.  They were so small and cute they could fit in the palm of your hand.  I noticed that they had sold out of all the penguins, the kittens, and horses, and had mostly sold everything else, except for the octopuses.  








Not one of the octopuses had sold.  They were sitting there covered with a thin layer of dust, clearly stuck in this milieu of cuteness that was so foreign to them.  Their expectant little faces were looking up at me, their eight arms reaching out for a hug…  




Wilbur!



Of course I bought one.  His name is Wilbur.  He sits on my desk and, ironically enough, is still covered in a thin layer of dust, only now he doesn't seem to mind it.  

  


*Note to Self: Dust more often.



UPDATED 1.29.11:
I was sitting at my desk and thought, why not share a real picture and you can see how awesome my skillz are!  Here's the real life Wilbur!


Isn't he cute!!!!

lol, you can see my, "D.A.R.E To Say No To Drugs" button in the background.  I've had that since, like, 5th grade.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment