Saturday, January 22, 2011

Still Life


I recently visited an exhibit of Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cézanne, and other post-impressionist painters which was on loan from the Musée d’Orsay.  It was amazing!  It was a late showing so there weren’t too many people there.  It seems that all masters at some point paint a still life or two.  Or 8 dozen.  In the spirit of still life, I offer my contribution.  This should put me on the fast track to world renown! 





Do you see the detail on that lemon?  And what about those candlesticks!  They’re meant to be wavy- it’s art!  The crooked candlesticks are in no way related to the fact that I can’t draw a straight line. 



On second thought, I like this one much better.  Much more me.  


 
Everybody knows that stegosaurus love pineapple.  Do you think Van Gogh would approve?

1 comment: